Saturday, June 03, 2006

Howard Happenings June 3,2006


We are finally getting with the times by creating a family blog. I always say that I am going to keep a good journal and within a few days it's in the drawer and collecting dust. Maybe this will be a way to keep a journal for our family. How well it is kept up to date remains to be seen. But my intentions are good. All is well on the home-front. Stephen likes his fairly new job at USC Upstate. He works hard and it's a state job so we are thankful. Ella is just growing like a weed. She will be 2 in a few weeks which is so hard to believe. She makes us laugh and want to pull our hair out at the same time. She says everything we say now. She counts to 10 and sings her ABC's albiet random letters but she is trying. She sings Jesus Loves Me, Rise and Shine but she says give God "gory gory" which I know makes the angels chuckle. She sings Twinkle Twinkle and other songs here and there. She LOVES Care Bears and Nemo. They were both really cute the first 30 times.................now not so much. I am fine and love my new job with Upward Unlimited (see Upward.org). It is a Christian Sports Ministry. We have Upward Basketball, Cheerleading, Soccer, and Flag Football. It feels so good to know that I am working for such a wonderful organization and I am a part of something that matters and is reaching out to kids and their families.

My brother Joe is getting married one week from today. I am so happy for him and so happy to gain a new sister-in-law, Jane and two nieces Stephanie and Anna. I am a little sad that Joe is moving to Louisiana I will miss him and miss seeing him with Ella but so happy that he and Jane will be married and happy together. I will be driving down next Thursday with Mom and Dad and come back on Sunday. It will be a long long drive. I would have liked to have had Ella but I just don't think 13 hours in a car would suit an almost 2 year old. She can hardly sit still long enough for me to put a bow in her hair. Plus this is Joe and Jane's day, Ella would want to run around and make noise and I wouldn't want to distract from their time. She will be staying home with Stephen so prayers for him!!! He will be fine, he is the best Daddy!! Well, it is Saturday and I have so much to do to get ready for the trip next week. I am really going to try to keep this up to date and hopefully as I learn more make it look nicer and add photos.

Until next time;

No comments: