Saturday, December 13, 2008

......................Back to Reality



Well Monday I go back to work....I have been off for 12 weeks and have loved every minute of it. I am fortunate to have been able to take 3 months off because I will never have that opportunity again. I have been trying to cherish the days but they just have gone by so fast. It has been wonderful. Monday I will take Alex to day care, and Ella will join him after school. His day care is amazing but they aren't "Mom". I will be ok though, it will take a week or so of adjustment. Sabrina, who sits next to me, will just have to deal with my emotions.....she sat next to me during my preganacy so I don't think anything could do her in. Bless her she was so great during some really difficult pregnant days....thanks Sabrina you are the best! She is also the same Sabrina who is a photographer on the side (just another little plug for her) :-)Speaking of work, I didn't make it to the Christmas ladies tea this year but I included some photos in my slide show (taken by Sabrina, another plug...you owe me LOL) just because the decorating is just, well, there is no way to describe it, you have to see it. This year the theme was Audry Hepburn-Breakfast at Tiffney's.

We had Alex's baby dedication last Sunday. My parents and Stephen Sister, Mary Kay, came. It was a really nice day.

Well we finally broke down and bought a Mini Van...I still can't believe it myself. We have been looking for a few weeks and I came across a Kia Sedona van on the net that looked great, it has really low miles and the price was unbelieveable. I researched it online and the price was way way below Kelly Blue Book, so I thought there was a catch or it was listed incorrectly but we got there and the price was correct. It has all the bells and whistles that we never thought we'd be able to afford...leather seats, DVD entertainment system, power everything and I got a suprise the other day I was walking to the van, pressed a button on the key remote thinking I was unlocking the doors and the van started up!!! How cool is that?? So Mom and Dad are in Ohio so I have not told them yet, they will be happy for us. Dad would be happier with an American made van LOL...no he will be very happy for us too.

My brother and sister-in-law and my step neices are coming next week. I am excited to see them as it's been a year and they have not see Alex yet. It will be a fun time having them here.

Ella is still doing great and loving school. She is telling everyone that we have the biggest giantest car so she is excited as well. She is excited about Christmas but can't stand Santa, she won't even look at him. Every Christmas she is frowning sitting on Santa's lap...I don't even think we will get a photo with santa this year.
She is 4 and some things just aren't worth the battle : )

Holly

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Good Luck tomorrow, sweetie! I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes!! ((HUGS)) XXOO- Kelli