Monday, August 14, 2006

Weekend Get-Away



Stephen and I went away for the weekend to Georgia. We have not done that for a very long time. Mom and Dad kept Ella for us. Friday we drove to Rome, GA to spend some time at Berry College where I graduated from. The above photo is from one of the dorms I lived in for awhile at Berry. Some has changed but it was still like going back home. I told Stephen all the memories I had and he did a great job pretending that it was so very interesting! We really did have a great time and Berry is so beautiful. Deer are always around the campus and we saw at least 50. Saturday afternoon we headed to Clayton, GA where Stephen's Aunt and Uncle live and spent the night with them. It was really nice and we enjoyed them. His Uncle keeps bees so we saw his hives and all his blueberry bushes which are more like trees at 10' tall! I couldn't help picking them and eating them off the vine, nothing better! Sunday we spent some time with them in the morning and left around noon. We got home around 4 and Mom was at the house with Ella. It was a wonderful weekend away but it's so nice to come home. I missed Ella, and I think she missed us. Maybe she was getting back at us for leaving because I noticed she was quiet in the kitchen and went in and she had colored on the kitchen floor. So she got a time out for that and she thought her life was coming to an end. Sitting in a chair for a few minutes was torture. She was sweet after time out though and told me she would be a good girl and she was sorry. So hard to dicipline when they look at you with huge round eyes filled with tears. Anyway, she learned her lesson, for now anyway......there's always tomorrow!!

Holly

No comments: