Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Beach 2008







We went to the beaach with my parents all last week. Stephen stayed back at home because he was training for a bike race. We had a wonderful time and Ella loved the ocean, no fear of it at all! It was a great week to just relax. We spent a couple hours in the morning and afternoon at the beach most days. On Monday we took Ella to the Acquarium at Ft. Fisher and she loved it. On Wednesday we took the ferry over to Southport and visited the farmers market, christmas shop and had our traditional hot dog at the Trolly Stop. Other than that we didn't do much else except get doughnuts from Britts just about every day. Thursday night they had fireworks on the boardwalk but we could see them from the front of our cottage so that was nice too. All too soon it was time to pack up and come home. It was nice to get home though, me and Ella missed Stephen.

Everything is going well with the pregnancy. The baby is kicking a lot more and a lot harder now! I am 24 weeks and have my c/s scheduled on September 24th. It will be here before I know it. Hard to believe!!

In 3 1/2 weeks (July 4th) I leave for the Ukraine. I am so excited to go but know that it will be tiring. I will return on July 12th. I am going for work to help with some camps there. We will fly into Amsterdam and then to Budapest and drive from there to the Ukraine. On the way back we will have a day in Budapest to tour the city so that will be nice too. Looking forward to getting there just not the traveling part!!!

Well, I am really proud of Stephen. He completed the bike race the Assult on Mt. Mitchell yesterday in 100 degree heat. It was 103 miles and went to the top of Mt. Mitchell which is the highest peak east of the Mississippi. I can't even imagine. He said it was brutal, he was glad he did it but was really glad it was over!!! Over 1000 cyclists from all over the country come to participate in the race. We are really proud of him!!!!

Holly

1 comment:

Mel said...

you look stunning w/your bump Holly and emma is gowing up so fast!!
Glad you are feeling good and I hope you enjoy your upcoming travels. Dennis and I traveled alot when we first met, Amsterd. was very nice in 90's and has lots of cultural events, hope you get time to enjoy a bit!
mel