Tuesday, August 19, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL








Today is a milestone....it was Ella's first day of "Big Kid's School". She started half day K4 classes at the Elementary school. She has been asking for weeks if the school was open yet. She was ready to go. She didn't even cry when I had to wake her up this morning...we'll see how long that lasts! Stephen and I walked her to school and met her teacher Miss Vaughn. Ella just walked in like she owned the place and made herself at home. When it was time to leave Ella gave us kisses and waved goodbye then showed other children coming in where they were suppose to put their stuff. She loves to tell people what to do, I have no idea where she gets that from hmmmmm??? I held it together but I have to admit, it was really hard when we left her class and walked down the hall to realize that my baby is not my baby anymore. She is a little girl growing into her own. It won't be long before she is teaching Stephen and I new things and we won't be able to spell words we don't want her to know when we are talking. Yes, time is marching on and she is just so ready to tackle the world. I pray God's protection on her as she makes her journey.

Holly

No comments: