Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No Pink Cookies!!!


The other night Stephen was getting Ella ready for bed. I came in the room and it was a total disaster. I told Ella that she had a messy room and needed to clean it up. She was not happy with that at all. So I told her that tomorrow after school if she came home and cleaned her room I would give her one of the pink frosted cookies that she had been wanting all evening that I wouldn't let her have because it was too close to bed. She stopped and pondered this, and then said "Mommy, I don't think I want a pink cookie". Figures!

Alex is doing fine, he got his 4 month shots the other day and did ok other than not having much of an appetite. He is growing so fast, he is 15.9lbs and 27". I introduced him to the exersaucer this week and he loves it!! He is now reaching for things and putting them in his mouth. He grabs for my nose and loves to grab my hair. He has great head control but is still a ways off from sitting up. He goes back for his next Dr. visit at the Children's Hospital in late Feb. about his Cystic Hygroma, which seems to be doing fine. He is not bothered by it but it is definitly getting bigger. I just hope that it's growth will be slow enough to wait until he one and they will do the treatment then.

Stephen and I are fine, we have all been sick and Stephen is just now getting better from being sick AGAIN. We are doing fine with our jobs and thankful that ours are secure. It's so scary out there right now. I have just moved from the upstairs of the building to the downstairs. I liked it upstairs as it was quiet and our group was a little secluded. Down here it's a little louder and definitly colder!!! BUT, I sit by the window that over looks trees and the lake....so I can't complain about the view!!! It really is beautiful.

Holly

2 comments:

Lana said...

I totally understand the "No Pink Cookies" mentality. It must be an age thing for sure. It so nice to know that all mothers have similar experiences and that they are "normal." Glad to see all is going well WAY over in your part of the city! hahah
BTW- I hope it's okay that I added your blog to my blog roll on my page! :)

Kelli said...

LOVE the pictures of the kids, Holly!! The picture of Ella in the box watching TV is priceless! Alex is growing up so fast-what an adorable lil man- I think he looks a lot like you!! :) Great picture w/ the "historic" moment of Obama also (great story of yours as a child behind it also!) Glad your family is finally on the mend!