Sunday, January 18, 2009

One year ago....

One year ago today I took a pregnancy test expecting the same result that I had for over a year. But this time was different, positive, I couldn't believe it an actual positive....Alex was forming. What an amazing feeling, I wish I could live that moment over again, that first realization that I was in fact going to have another baby after finally coming to the realization that it probably was not going to happen. It wasn't the easiest of pregnancies but I'd gladly do it all over again. We had no idea if it was a boy or a girl but we both (as well as most everyone) felt it was a boy. The Dr. let Stephen tell me and I will never forget that moment in time, hearing Stephen say, "it's a boy, we have a son" the most beautiful words....as beautiful as hearing the Dr. say "it's a girl" when we had Ella. It's still hard to believe that it has been a year since that positive test.

Well we are all finally better, we have all been sick (except for Ella)just about since Christmas. We are all doing much better. Alex had his first sickness, double ear infection. He handled it well, a couple days of fever and more fussy than normal but he is doing great. We go for his 4 month shots next week, that is never fun but he did really well with the last set of shots so I hope he does as well. Alex is just growing up so much. He is now really wanting to sit up, he's not quite there yet but he's trying. He is now grabbing things and putting them in his mouth. He knows his name and knows it as soon as mommy or daddy comes into the room. He loves to watch Ella and she loves him so much. She just loves to give him kisses and show him toys and how to play. It's really cute and she is such a great big sister. I am so blessed by both of my children!

4 comments:

Lana said...

What a great post! It provided encouragement for me. We have been trying for a long time for another child. Reading this post was just another realization that God's plan is perfect and it will happen in HIS time. Glad you are all feeling better!

Kelli said...

Isn't it wonderful to reflect back on that time? I just re-read my blog (and us girls blog) just the other day to reflect back on those times. Now, you have a beautiful little boy and your heart has grown so much more w/ love.... Glad the family is finally feeling better! Talk to you soon! XXOO- K&D

Dawn said...

What a blessing- and what a difference a year makes :) We keep reminding ourselves that no matter what we are in God's Hands-but it is awesome to see it in action!

Mel said...

oh the good old days, LOL..looked thru some old photo albums & yes it is a true blessing we have children (4 or 2 legged). So happy Ella is a SUPER big sis to Alex.
Mel