Saturday, April 04, 2009

Alex Dr. Appointment Update






It has been nice to be home for a a change. We are all doing well but we had to take Alex to and ENT (Ear Nose Throat) Dr. because he keeps getting ear infections. The Dr. said he needed to get tubes in his ears. The will call me next week to let me know when. The Dr. asked about the mass on his neck and he highly suggested that we see a Dr. with MUSC (Medical Univ of SC) in Charleston. There is a Dr. there that specializes in neck masses and has seen other CH patients. We have an appointment on April 20th. I like the Dr. we are seeing now but it can never hurt to get another opinion, especially one that deals with this more often. I just want it to go away, I don't want my son to have to deal with this. I pray that whatever treatment we choose will be the best for him. There is no cure for CH and only a few options for treatments, sometimes they are successful sometimes not.....we will just have to pray and wait. Ella has been so sweet and she is such a sweet little girl that loves her baby brother. After I took Alex to the ENT, Ella rubbed his little cheek and said "You did so good at the Dr. Alex, I am so proud of you." Oh, those moments are just the most precious. Ella is almost finished with her first year of school 4K. It's gone by so fast, she has enjoyed it and has done really well. Alex has achieved a milestone, he has started to roll over. He's rolling like crazy now that he has the hang of it and it won't be long before he starts scooting around. I wish I could slow time down.....these days are going too fast!

5 comments:

Lana said...

Holly, Glad to hear that the appt. went well. I think it is so cute that Ella is the "little mama!" I have one of those as well, but we are still waiting on a sibling. She just tries to be the little mama to her baby dolls.. and sometimes her parents (that's not quite as cute..haha). We will keep you in our prayers are you travel to MUSC. Second opinions are a good idea and I would think MUSC would have the best around. Lana :)

mare mom said...

oh my, he is so BIGGGGGG, wow and rolling too, yes, time flies, not enough seconds in the day. Ella, what a sweet kind hearted child, Alex will be just like her when he grows up. A blessing is all I can say and many prayers for baby Alex.

Kimberly said...

He is so precious, Holly! So precious! And I love those tender moments between siblings....makes those not so tender moments worthwhile. ;)

You guys have stayed on my mind. Know that I am and will continue to pray for your family.

Please know you can call us if you ever need anything!
Love and prayers,
Kimberly

hollyli said...

OMG - It's been so long since I've had time to read blogs... but Alex is so stinkin' cute! His eyes, could they be any bigger! Sheesh, he's going to be a heartbreaker.

Andie Johnson said...

Hello, I came across your blog through the LM group on facebook. It is so crazy to "meet" a mom who not only has a sweet little boy with a hygroma (my son Noah, 4 mos old, has a large bilateral one), also has an Ella (mine is 2 1/2!), and also knows and loves the Lord! So crazy.

Lots of prayers comin your way sis. Eventhough its hard, consider yourself so blessed with where Alex's hygroma is and how little it has effected his eating and breathing. Praise God! Take care.

Andie
www.johnsonfamilyarchive.blogspot.com