Sunday, September 21, 2008

All set for 9/24/08!!!

Well, it's Sunday night and all is set for delivery on Wednesday. I went to the Dr. on Friday and my BP is back down to normal and he said I was doing great. I am doing much much better than I did at this stage with Ella so that is good and I feell good. I get tired and can't do as much as I'd like but I am able to do more and feel better than I thought I would. I still can't believe that it's almost here....after a year of trying, and a miscarriage along the way, our baby will be in our arms soon. I am excited, but when I think about this pregnancy (and it's probably the last one) there are things I will miss as well and some things I will not miss about being pregnant. I will NEVER miss going though the 1st trimester again!!! I will miss the first flutters of movement when you are not even sure if it's the baby or not. Then the kicks that are unmistakeable. In a strange way, I will miss my belly button poking out and being able to enjoy having a belly. I will miss people walking by and looking at my belly, tilting their head and smiling. I will NOT miss complete strangers walking up and feeling my belly or telling me their personal delivery story and all the horrors they went through.....I will miss my friends feeling my belly and me being able to watch their faces when the baby moves and they feel it. I will miss the strange reactions I get when people ask what we are having and I tell them we don't know, it's going to be a suprise. Some think it's great. I get the feeling that others think it's crazy and are frustrated with not knowing, but when it comes down to it, it's about us and no one else. I will miss Ella giving my belly hugs and kisses for the baby. I will not miss fat ankles and getting up 4-5 times a night. I will not miss having to practically get out of bed just to turn on my other side. I will miss my family of three, but at the same time, I am sure I will not miss my family of three because my family of four will be so much more than I can even imagine. Thank you God for this gift.....I look forward to meeting this little life that you have planned for us!

Holly

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Good Luck tomorrow~ I know it will go great. Saying an extra prayer for your family tonight!

And tomorrow makes...4!!

You will be a superb mother to 2 children. Stephen sounds like an amazing, attentive father and Ella will be a TERRIFIC older sister. You have such a blessed family- what a journey it's been to get to #4 though, makes you appreciate it even more, I am sure.

Can't wait to hear all about the little one!

Love,
Kelli & Delaney