Saturday, November 08, 2008

.........................History is Made

This week we elected the first black president, Obama. Like it or not, agree with him or not, Democrat or not.........it is progress. I, for one, am optimistic. I think that it can't get much worse in the US and I hope and pray that it will get much better. Of course, my devotion is to Christ, not to man but I pray for Obama and our nation. Many think that you can't be a democrat and a Christian because they are too liberal. I don't agree with everything in either party but try to look at it objectively, what is going to be the better for the majority of America. I hope and pray that Obama is just that!

The other day my Mom and some of her prayer sisters came over to see Alex. They are a group of amazing ladies that have been prayer sisters for over 30 years. It was wonderful to have them over for lunch, conversation and prayer. I so apprecaite all that they have done for me and I just love them and am so thankful for them.




Well, Alex is now 6 weeks old and up to 11lbs!!! He is doing great and I can't say enough how good of a sleeper he is....it's almost unnatural! He has his routine down pretty good. He wakes in the morning for a bottle and will doze off and on for a few hours. He will wake again and eat and then be awake until around 1pm. Then he goes down until 6pm and stays awake until 10ish and then is down for the night. He usually wakes for a bottle around 4:30 or 5am but then goes back down until 7am and we start all over. He is an easy baby and just loves to cuddle. He has always smiled a lot since he was born but this week he began to truly smile in response. It's the best feeling in the world to see him smile back at me. I could just nibble his little cheeks off! Alex had his first bath in the tub this week too. I have ben giving him a sponge bath. He didn't seem to mind at all.



Ella is doing great and loves her little brother so much. She is doing great in school and loves her teacher. The other day I picked her up and asked her what she did in school that day and she said "oh Mommy, you wouldn't understand" I also got the "it's not fair" line for the first time. She is four but you'd never know it. I had to include a couple photos of Ella with the mice, she loves all animals and I thought these photos were so cute.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

So glad that Alex is growing and sleeping like a champ! Ella is so precious, it is a joy to see her in the hall each day :)

Lana said...

Hey Holly! Glad to hear that Alex is doing well! I can't believe Ella is in "big school." Mackaylan will be 4 in April and would love a girl playmate. We should get together sometime! :) Lana