Saturday, November 22, 2008

..................Mimi's are Great!!!

Last night my Mom (mimi) and Dad (poppi) kept both Alex and Ella for the night. When I came back home it was strange to not have any kids in the house, strange but nice. Now I can't say that it really enabled me more sleep because Alex is the champion of all sleeping babies. He slept 9 hours the other night! But it was nice to get some things done and try to start putting photos together in albums. I am the queen of procrastination. I got an album for Ella when she was an infant and have 4 pages done. So I went through a lot of photos and put them in different catagories and am going to work little by litte to put some scrapbooks together. I am not going all crazy mom scrapbooking or anything (I am not creative enough and frankly just too ADD to put a lot of time into it). But I want to do it for us. I know once it's done, it will be easier to keep it up to date and I will be happy that we have them when we are older. Funny thing is I have so much more fun getting all the things I need and going through all the photos than actually working on an album. By the time I have everything out and pulled the pictures, I am bored with the whole thing. But I still try.

Alex is 8 weeks old already and just growning and his little cheeks are filling out so much I could just take a bite of them. He had his baby well appt. with 3 shots. He did pretty good, cried for a few minutes but then was ok. That evening and the next day he acted like he was hurting and cried a little but for the most part he did great, much better than Ella. Poor girl after every set of shots she ran a fever, was fussy and a few times threw up a lot. She just didn't handle them well at all. Alex is up to 11 lb 14oz and 23 1/4" long so he has grown a full 4" in 8 weeks, that's a lot of growing. I call him my cuddler as he just nuzzles himself in my neck. I hope I never forget that feeling.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, my brother is driving up from Louisana, his wife Jane and her daughters are going to NYC for the holiday so it will just be him. It will be so good to see him again and for him to meet Alex. Ella will like playing with him too. The only thing about Thanksgiving is that will officially star my countdown back to work. I haven't thought about going back much but now that time is quickly approaching. After the Thanksgiving weekend, I will be just two weeks from going back (Dec. 15th). It will be so hard. I love being home and forgot how hard it was to go back to work after I had Ella. I was on maternity leave with her for 16 weeks and will have been for 12 weeks with Alex. I do love my job, I enjoy what I do and the people I work with. I will be happy to sit across from Sabrina again and have great conversation and laughs. I will look forward to getting back to some projects and to travel again. Still, I will miss the days at home just spending time with Alex watching him grow and do new things. I will miss picking up Ella from school and going to the library. These are precious days that are too quickly going by. This is my only time to be at home with my children and I am trying to treasure it as much as I can but it just seems like the days are going by so fast and I am screaming and pleading for them to slow down.

Well how was that for a complete downer??? Really I am ok with working, I have made my peace with not being able to stay at home. The Lord provided me a job that is family centered and if I ever need to work from home I can, or if something comes up it's never a problem. I can have a Bible at work and we have company-wide devotions every Wednesday morning. I get to see and actually be a part of thousands of children all over the world have the opportunity to play sports in a great environment and be told about Christ. I get to work in the Global Department and travel to different countries and experience different cultures and meet so many wonderful people who have the same desire. I couldn't imaginge being happier working anywhere else, for that I am so deeply humbled and thankful. It makes it all worthwhile!

Holly H

3 comments:

Kelli said...

First of all I ADORE the picture of all of you w/ your hands. Oh my gosh, it's priceless- LOVE IT! Glad you got to have "Mommy" time away from the kiddos~ you sound SO much like me when it comes to projects- I gear up for them getting everything out or ready and then when it actually comes down to ACTUALLY completing it..I lose my enthusiasm! :)
Even though you are sad to go back to work (100% understandable) you are right, you HAVE BEEN blessed w/ an awesome job- I think it's important that not only your family fulfills you, but, you fill fullfilled in other areas of life. With your job you have wonderful opportunities- that's something to be blessed about! Have a great weekend, sweetie! ~Kel

Lana said...

It sounds like we have a lot in common when it comes to scrapbooking. I have all of the pictures categorized in baggies, have bought a few materials, but have only assembled a few pages of Mackaylan's scrapbook. Oh well... I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving! :) Lana

Mel said...

ditto on the getting it done stuff, I'm trying to be better about it too; I do have to comment on the sweet nuzzling comment, I hear ya and relish every second and I'm a SAHM and work at home, their is not enough time, I hate it when they have to go to sleep, I do errands but I too know I NEEED to do this "life" stuff and will feel better, ditto again to kell. love your hands again, hehehhe..