Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Cystic Hygroma







Here are some photos of Alex's neck and back and what we think is a Cystic Hygroma. Never did I think that my first weeks of having this baby would be spent going to so many Dr's and so much uncertainty. I guess no one does, no one sees things like this coming. I have my good moments just full of faith and trust in God that this is just a bump in the road. Then I have those dark moments.....fear takes over and I only think of the worst things it could be, if it's not CH and even if it is in fact CH, many many complications can arise. I don't like those dark moments, it's the most horrible feeling right in your heart. I guess it's all a part of being a parent, just living life for that matter. We never know what will come our way. I am so blessed to have a God that knows my heart, comforts me when I am in the darkest of places. He loves Alex more than I do.....it's so hard to even comprehend how that can be. I am also so blessed to have Stephen. He is just so amazing as a husband,father and a follower of Christ. There is no one I would rather walk this road with than him and Christ one on each side of me.

Holly

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Holly~ keep the faith that it will all turn out ok, I just know it will- I have been keeping your family in my prayers!! You are very blessed to have Stephen in your life~he sounds like a wonderful man!!! So sorry the 1st few weeks of what should be a happy time bonding w/ your precious little one have somewhat been overshadowed by fear and uncertainty. I am a worrier by nature and know I will stress over the tinest things w/ Delaney (already have!) Guess that's God's way of teaching me perseverance and patience! Hang in there hon. BIG HUG!!!
Love, Kelli & Delaney

Kimberly said...

I am going to have some of my friends pray for Alex, too, Holly. I am so glad I can keep up with your sweet family through this blog.

And it is completely understadable why you would have dark moments. We all do. I am so glad you are able to hold onto the Lord and His Word and that you have Stephen by your side.
Praying for you all,
Kimberly

Christine @ Live to Learn said...

Holly, I am so sorry that your family has to go through this. I know it is frightening but you are right to cling to your faith that the Lord has a plan for your lives and he loves Alex more than any of you do. It was hard to look at Alex's pictures. I remember how hard it was when Rachel was that age. I felt like I couldn't even relax and enjoy her newborn stage because I was so full of fear and anxiety. I am praying that Alex can have the surgery and be completely free of this. I still look at Rachel and can not believe we went through that summer. She is so healthy now and I pray for the same recovery for Alex. You guys are going to be ok.
Christine @ Live to Learn