Sunday, October 12, 2008

Only Two Weeks!!!???!!!











Wow, it's hard to believe that Alex is only 2 weeks old. Well 2 weeks and 4 days to be exact. It seems like he should be much older by now. I mean it really seems like ages ago that we set off at 7am to the hospital and 4 1/2 hours later he was born. I guess a lot has to do with the fact that we have already had to deal with so much. With my complications, which are still ongoing, and then finding the lumps and not knowing what was going on with him. I am sure that it will take forever for next Friday to arrive. We go to the pediatric surgeon to find out more about Cystic Hygroma, and what they will do for Alex. I am just anxious. It's the unknown that is so hard. At least when I know, no matter how hard it is to hear the news at least I know what it is I have to deal with. I need patience and a lot more faith! I think right now I am just so numb, it's hard to even comprehend what is happening. Plus, there is Ella. She is still adjusting to having a baby brother in the house. It must have just turned her little world upside down when he came home. She is calming down and adjusting. The first week or so she was good but a little more hyper than normal and acting out more. She is settling in ok. She is just my sweet girl. We try really hard to make sure she understands that while we now have Alex in our lives she is just as special and loved. She does love her brother. She wants to give him hugs and kisses all the time. I am just so blessed with this family, I have been entrusted with. I hope I serve the Lord well by being the kind of wife and mother He has called me to be.

Holly

1 comment:

Kelli said...

What precious pic's of the kids together!! :)
Everything will go GREAT on friday for you- God is definitely watching over your amazing family! Glad to hear you got someone to come to the house to pack your incision! Hope you continue to heal and get better! ~Kelli & Delaney